|Hair Style For: ROUND FACE|
|The Cut: A gamine with spiky layers sliced all around the crown like Ginnifer Goodwin's chop.|
Why It Works?: "If you're going to go short, go short all the way," says legendary celebrity hairstylist Garren. Unlike a jaw-hugging bob, this petite pixie downplays roundness in a big way. The choppy pieces up top add height, lengthen your face and emphasize your eyes.
Expert Tip: This length is a cinch to style for straight, wavy and fine hair, but steer clear of it if you have curls-think poodle.
To Style: Styling short locks is easy with the Eva NYC Mini Healthy Heat Ceramic Flat Iron ($30). Because of its miniature size, you can actually grasp your shortest strands to totally transform your pixie.
Tips for Choosing Your Wedding Hair Style
|Hair Style For: HEART FACE|
|The Cut: A coy pixie that’s clipped evenly on the sides and nape with short layers on top.|
Why It Works?: Halle Berry’s tousled cut is dynamic enough to cancel out a pronounced jawline, while the choppy layers break up a wide forehead.
Expert Tip: Corkscrew curls and cropped hair don’t mix. To avoid a top-heavy effect that will exaggerate your chin, dense strands need to be sliced into
To Style: To extend the life of your whispy pixie 'do, try Living Proof Prime Style Extender. It's weightless so that your strands stay upright and ensures your style will last up to two times longer.
Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day. After all, this will be the most important day of her life. This is where she and her groom will pronounce their vow of love for each before their family, relatives and friends. This is so important that even a very good-looking girl wants to look better, or something different from how she looks every day.
Choosing how you should look during a wedding can be very risky. If you were not advised by a professional, this is not the time to try on new make up and hairstyle trends – unless you wanted to end up as one with the worst wedding fashion.
So, to be on the safe side, it is better to enlist the help of a professional stylist to do your makeup and hairstyle.
Here are some tips to help you on what look you will be having on your wedding day.
* Choose natural-looking makeup, as you don’t want to look heavily painted especially when people come to wish you well. However, you should also make sure that even if you are wearing natural-looking makeup, this still looks well when your picture is taken.
* Get a facial to help eliminate the stress in preparing for the wedding and to cleanse your skin, in preparation for the big day.
* Make sure that you have enough time to prepare your hair. Usually, you may need about six weeks before the wedding to make minor changes to your hair. If you will be changing your hairstyle, hair color, or length, you may need up to six months.
|Hair Style For: LONG/OVAL Face|
|The Cut: A blunt bob with minimal, subtle layers.|
Why It Works?: "This face shape is the easiest to carry off any kind of haircut," says Tollo. Go for a strong lob with a little bit of face-framing like Rihanna.
Expert Tip: Pick your go-to, everyday hairstyle based on your natural hair part. That can be your guiding factor.
To Style: Because this cut is blunt by nature, play up your natural texture in the styling and stick with a center part.
* Make an appointment with a hairdresser recommended by your family and friends, or with your own hairdresser. It is better to bring pictures of the dress, headpiece and the hairstyles that you would like to try. Also, discuss with the hairdresser what will be the appropriate color, texture and the style.
* If you are thinking of having your hair permed or relaxed, ask the hairstylist if he or she thinks this will not damage your hair. Damaged hair will not look good and will be difficult to style. If you wanted to try this, make sure that you still have enough time to experiment and to undo it if it doesn’t look good.
* If you are thinking of dyeing your hair, consider if the color will compliment your skin color and the color of your eyes. It is better to ask the help and suggestions of a professional for this. When dyeing, use a temporary dye first.
* Your hairstyle should go well with the cut of your gown. If you have a simple gown, choose an uncomplicated hairstyle. Choose a hairstyle that will be comfortable and will not be difficult to maintain since you will have a lot of things to take care of on the wedding day.
* If you have short hair, you may add highlights to enhance the richness. You may also have hair treatments or try products that will add shine. You can also try a multi-textured look. Flowers also look good on short hair.
* If you have a long hair, it is suggested that you wear your hair up for an elegant look and to minimize the need for maintaining it, since you will be busy the whole day.
Now that you have these tips, you have more information when your hairstylist starts making suggestions on how to make you look great on your wedding day.
|Hair Style For: SQUARE Face|
|The Cut: A short layered bob with subtle bangs.|
Why It Works?: Cameron Diaz's cut brings the focus higher and puts the emphasis on your cheekbones, rather than your jaw.
Expert Tip: Dense strands could puff out at this length, so be sure to tame any frizzy pieces with a quick pass of a flat iron.
To Style: Here, Diaz kept her short hairstyle and cut fairly au naturel and maintenance free—except for her platinum color. To subtly touch up roots from home—witthout having to see a colorist—try Madison Reed Root Touch Up
|Tips #1: Avoid Cuts With Sharp Edges On The Top And Sides|
|You can have almost any style you want, but you want to avoid sharp, angled cuts, especially those that land at ear level. Instead, choose something shorter than your ears, or something that extends past your ears.|